Guide for applying the Hong Kong Technology Voucher Programme
Wed, 04/15/2020 - 12:51 admin
** Update 1/6/2020
From now on, applicant can start the project right after they submit their application online, and the restriction to wait and start after approval is removed. For more information please contact us for details.
Since 1/4/2020, the Hong Kong government has enhanced the Technology Voucher Programme to help micro and small businesses adopting technology for productivity improvement. Micro and small businesses only need to pay for 25% of the project cost, and enjoy the remaining 75% subsidized by the programme.
The application is getting easier since the programme began. You could follow this guide to getting started. Spending 1 or 2 hours to get up to $600,000, is not bad of an return on investment. So stay with us with the guide below.
A checklist of required information before you start is provided at the end of the article.
Step 1：5 mins
Go to https://tvp.itf.gov.hk , click Register to create an account. Use the form at the left for businesses.
Step 2：5 mins
Choose and enter an Login Name and password. Do remember to record the login name and password for future login.
Step 3：10 mins
Enter your company information, and upload the BR certificate. Enter the Project Coordinator details. The Project Coordinator should be the a person that has authority to access company accounts as financial information is needed to complete the application.
Step 4：1 min
Finish the registration. Click Home page and Login using the recorded login name and password.
Step 5：10 mins
Click Application, select New Application
Enter the company owner and stockholder's detail, including name, ID number. All stockholder with 30% or more ownership should be entered.
Step 6：10 mins
Enter the company business details, including number of employees (receiving salary part-time or full-time, and including owners with active involvement). As the programme required business with substantial business operation in Hong Kong, these information will help ensure application is successful.
Keep the Project Coordinator information as is.
Step 7：10 mins with the help of service provider
Project Information is usually provided by your service provider.
Enter the details of the service provider in section (F) you chosed for the project. The details must match the quotation you are going to submit.
Step 8：20 mins with the help of service provider
(G) Project Expenditure / Deliverables
Usually this information should be provided by your service provider. Notice that Customized Items and Off-the-Shelf Items will be submitted separately. Technology Voucher Programme aims to help business buy customized, instead of ready off-the-shelf items. So it is recommended the cost of off-the-shelf items should be around 30% of the total project cost.
For projects below HK$50,000, an auditor is needed to audit all expenditure reports. The audit fee could be included into the application with a maximum of $3,000. Enter the audit fee if you want to apply for it.
Enter the amount the applicant will need to pay, say if the project cost is $100,000, applicant will need to pay for 25% which is $25,000.
Step 9：1 min
Submission of Quotations: this part is for submitting reason if the minimum number of quotations could not be submitted, or provide reason if you have not chosen the lowest price quotation. The programme will consider if the reason is acceptable, but it may take longer to process.
Step 10：5 mins
Enter the Declaration, either as a Shareholder or Authorized person
Step 11 ：30 mins
Upload necessary documents including :
1. Annual Return if you are a limited company. Form 1(a) for unlimited sole proprietor.
2. Evidence of substantive business operations, like 5 copies of latest sales invoices, 5 copies of purchase invoices, Tax Payment notice from IRD, latest audit report, MPF and salary records etc.
3. The selected quotation: the quotation must include the Probity and Non-Collusive Model Clause, which the template could be downloaded.
4. The non-selected quotation: also must include the signed Probity and Non-Collusive Model Clause.
5. The applicant ID copy
You can download the model clause for the Probity and Non-Collusive template here:
To speed things up for you, we have also prepared a checklist so you can make sure you have all the information needed before starting. If you do not have a scanner for creating soft copies, you can download the Microsoft Lens App on Android or iPhone to use mobile phone to make quality scan (make sure you select Document as scan type).
1. Latest BR certificate soft copy
2. Latest Annual Return soft copy for limited, Form 1(a) for unlimited
3. First, Last Name, ID Number of business owners (with 30% or more ownership)
4. Business established/operational since date
5. Number of salaried employee and owner
6. Project Coordinator Details: Name, title, phone, email
7. Get Service Provider's detail and Project Information from service provider
8. Evidence of substantive business operations, like soft copies of 5 latest sales invoices, 5 copies of purchase invoices, Tax Payment notice from IRD, latest audit report, MPF and salary records etc. (the more you prepare, the lesser chance of bounce back and longer application time)
9. The selected quotation: the quotation must include the Probity and Non-Collusive Model Clause, which the template could be downloaded.
10. One (for $50k below project) or more of non-selected quotation: also must include the signed Probity and Non-Collusive Model Clause
11. The applicant (The person designated in the Declaration Section) ID copy
* Information provided is for reference only, please consult the ITF for details.